In a climate where data management and security are becoming increasingly important, how you store and look after corporate information can be the difference between your company’s success and failure. With regulations such as GDPR in force, getting it wrong through, for example, a data breach, can incur huge penalties and risks.
If you get it right, you can show yourself to be a safe business that can be trusted, which is why it’s essential to have a secure and effective information management system in place and to certify your business as ISO27001 compliant.
Holding ISO27001 certification shows that you understand the importance of protecting corporate information and data, both online and offline, and that you can actively demonstrate how you do this.
As a reputable and internationally recognised standard, ISO27001 shows that your business provides a reliable and secure service, employing excellent risk management controls and ensuring that you have a security framework which is assessed regularly and updated.
Some of the Benefits of the ISO27001 Framework Include:
- Keeps confidential corporate information secure
- Gives customers and stakeholders confidence in how you manage risk
- Allows for a secure exchange of information
- Enables you to ensure you are meeting your legal obligations
- Assists in other regulatory compliance (e.g. SOX)
- Gives you a competitive advantage
- Enhances customer satisfaction thereby improving client retention
- Proves that you consistently deliver a quality service or product
- Manages and minimises risk exposure
- Builds a culture of security within your business
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
6S Global is here to help you take the next steps in achieving ISO27001 certification. We can perform a review gap analysis, to assess the differences between your current risk management controls and ISO requirements Using our team of Strategic Technical Security Advisors, we can then advise you on how and where to successfully fill the gaps in your systems, ensuring that your business can reach accreditation.
The team at 6S Global can also advise and help you in implementing any required changes and are available to support you in maintaining your ISO27001 certification once you achieve it.